Scrollbars for Label and Textbox

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Hi, firstly thanks for the hard work and for sharing the library.

I've got a basic UI up and running and its working great.

One thing I can't figure out how to do correctly (or if it is possible) is to add scrollbars to an individual Label or Textbox as part of a debug console.

i.e. the Label.Value will hold many lines of text which ideally you could scroll up. Like a winforms Textbox.

I read the post:

Currently embedding a Textbox directly in a ScrollBars panel does not work. However embedding it in a panel in a ScrollBars panel does.

But this didn't work for me for either a Textbox or a label. (I tried various combinations of embedding scrollbars/panels/widgets etc.)

I've tried using the 1.2.1 release version, and also compiled from the source this afternoon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Sorry for the delay. Busy with Thanksgiving and work and all that. I'm do some more testing of the "However embedding it in a panel in a ScrollBars panel does." claim and if it doesn't work fix it then add an example to the example project. Its a goal to allow text boxes and other widgets to be directly embedded in a scroll pannel there are some sizing issues that I need to figure out if I wan't to make it generic though.

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:41 AM

No problem, hope you had a nice break!  :)