Slider and its value presentation

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hi, I am having another trouble with the slider. 

So, What I want to do is add a slider in a panel.

This slider have a initial value of 0.5 and I can see in debugger that slider.value is set to its proper value.

However, when I add this slider to the panel, the circle thing is positioned at 0.

Is there any method to have slider's slide set at arbitrary position?

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Sorry to take so long to respond I'll try to fix by this weekend.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM
revofpla wrote:

[...] Is there any method to have slider's slide set at arbitrary position?

Hi, I came across the same problem. I fixed it temporarily with a small workaround by changing the Value property on the Slider a little bit. Add ValueChanged(this);
 right after the line: RenderRule.Percentage = value;
Now if you set the Value property to some value it will actually update the slider and any other listeners.
Of course I'd like to see a more permanent solution from ClassicThunder :)

PS. This will probably be my first and last post on this project, but thank you all for the hard work. I really like this GUI, although the coding style is a little bit weird. I do hope the GUI framework will get support for moveable Widgets.

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Edited Jan 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM
revofpla wrote:

Hi, I am having another trouble with the slider. 

So, What I want to do is add a slider in a panel.

This slider have a initial value of 0.5 and I can see in debugger that slider.value is set to its proper value.

However, when I add this slider to the panel, the circle thing is positioned at 0.

Is there any method to have slider's slide set at arbitrary position?

I'm not sure if I'm reproducing the problem correctly but I tinkered around with the Slider and setting the value results in the handle being updated. If you have an image or test case to clarify exactly what is not behaving as expected I would be glad to take a deeper look at the problem.