GUI Resize() gone? - Example Project outdated?

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I am trying to integrate some parts of the example into one of my projects, but "Resize()" seems to be gone, also "SingleLineTextBox".

Am I missing something or is the Exampe Project outdated?

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Are you sure you have the latest version? Looking at the source in the GIT repo it looks like the resize functionality is still there. 

http://xnagui.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/f5ea20864b5a#Examples/GuiExample/Game1.cs

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I'm having problems with the Example project as well.
According to gladius2metal's earlier hint, I replaced all instances of Text with TextRenderer, but a few errors remain still.
For example, there's no such thing as a "SingleLineTextBox" in the DLL, or so it seems.
Also, yeah, there seems to be no Resize method, and the Skin and Text properties in WidgetDemonstration.cs are undefined.

Anyone know what's neccessary to get this to compile?
-rez
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Hmm when I try to build the source I don't have any issues. Please zip up your project and send it to me at scott.franks.1990@gmail.com along with what version of vs you are using. I would like to figure out why these issues are occurring.
Feb 6, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Edited Feb 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM
I'm not sure what that'll accomplish, I just downloaded the example from this site and - right away - got compilation errors.
I figure it MIGHT have something to do with not being very familiar with the XNA framework - I haven't used it for ages, but ... above, you replied to gladius2metal that the resize functionality is clearly still there with a link to Game1.cs. Well, in this Game1 class, there's no Resize() defined, and looking at the XNA API, it looks like the Game class in the framework Game1 inherits from doesn't include a Resize() method either. So where is it supposed to come from?

Edit: Also, looking at the source files, there's a class for SingleLineTextBox.cs, but when referencing the compiled DLL from the site, it doesn't give access to such element - it merely offers a "TextBox".

Anyhow, I'll zip up the project and send it over later today, hopefully.

Edit2: I realized how much I messed around with the example yesterday and can't get it to the state I left it in yesterday. But it's REALLY easy to replicate my initial problems, just open the example project seperately (don't recompile the entire Ruminate source) and add the DLL from the main download. That's all it takes.

If you want, I can do these two steps and mail you the project - just say the word - but it's easy to replicate just by using the downloads from the site.
-rez