Keyboard events don't work in MonoGame version

May 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Hello,

I compiled example that is using MonoGame and keyboard events don't fire.
I tried recompiling Ruminate by myself and effect is the same. XNA input (tab key in case of example app) works fine.

Is there any known reason why is it so?

Also, XNA version works the other way round - Ruminate keyboard events work perfectly fine, but tab key doesn't work. It works only if i press tab split second after running app.
Coordinator
May 7, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Edited May 7, 2013 at 4:21 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. Is the XNA version working fine and the MonoGame version not firing input? If so this is a bug in the current build that is fixed if you check out the latest source code. Otherwise if you can describe how to reproduce your issue I'll make to get it fixed.
May 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Edited May 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I recompiled MonoGame and Ruminate from newest sources and input is working fine, but after 30 seconds or so i get this exception:

CallbackOnCollectedDelegate was detected
Message: A callback was made on a garbage collected delegate of type 'RuminateGuiMonoGame!Ruminate.GUI.Framework.InputHook+HookProc::Invoke'. This may cause application crashes, corruption and data loss. When passing delegates to unmanaged code, they must be kept alive by the managed application until it is guaranteed that they will never be called.

in RuminateGuiMonoGame.dll!Ruminate.GUI.Framework.InputHook.KeyboardHookProc(int nCode, int wParam, System.IntPtr lParam)
Coordinator
May 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Fix coming soon.
May 15, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Awesome!
Jun 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Any ETA on MonoGame fix?
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Sorry for the long delay. Monogame support has been abandoned unfortunately. I've run into issue after issue and honestly the amount of work necessary to make the library work properly only across the Windows operating systems really isn’t practical for a hobby project. My experiance has been Monogame breaks a lot as soon as you venture away from the basic SpriteBatch and fixing Monogame and porting the GUI is simply more work than I have time for at this point.
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM
There is a lot of work done since the last release if you check out the source code so if anyone wants to fix issues such as resizing and mouse coordinates being broken I would be willing to discuss where exactly the project is at and what work needs to be done.